1958 Volvo PV444
Contact the seller
Dedham, Massachusetts, United States
Features and Specifications
1958 Volvo 444
1958 PV444 split window coupe. This was a "California Car" before finding its way to NY (in 2010?) and then Boston (2012) with me. The car was resprayed in an MG blue by the previous owner, but the original dark blue is still on the dash. Paint is not perfect, with some cracking on the hood, but there is no rot on the vehicle. Chrome bumpers can use re-finishing but have no rot. Interior was redone (in the late 1980s?) in a blue "hounds tooth" pattern and blue carpet. The drum brakes work perfectly.
- 12V conversion, including an AC Delco alternator, Bosch "blue" 12V coil, new wiring/sockets/bulbs, and relays, a voltage reducer for windshield wipers and functional heater, and a new ignition switch with push button start
- Rebuilt the front and rear suspensions with brand new OEM or better parts and polyurethane bushings & IPD front sway bar.
- American Classic modern white walls
- Installed a tachometer and a 4-gauge cluster just above the shifter (fuel, temp, volt, and oil pressure).
- Custom-made Retrosound digital radio, made to fit in the stock location (Aux & USB inputs) with four speakers.
Key feature is a freshly rebuilt B18 engine. The block is over-bored to B20 specs, with a rebuilt B20F head and a "D" cam. Dual SU HS6 carburetors and a "4 into 2" exhaust manifold goes into a reproduction "Abarth" exhaust. Distributor was rebuilt and runs a Hot Spark electronic ignition. Steel timing gears. Brand new fuel pump, water pump, gas tank, and fuel lines. An M40 transmission was installed with a new Sachs clutch and all new bushings.
Everything on the car runs perfectly. It is a very fun car to drive and can easily stay with modern traffic. Handling and ride with the updated suspension are excellent. Original jack and a functional spare tire are in the trunk. This car gets a lot of looks and put smiles on people's faces wherever it goes.
The original engine (B16B) and transmission (M4) can go with the car if the next owner wants to convert it back to stock form, along with most of the 6V parts. That B16B engine is complete but will require a rebuild and re-assembly. To be discussed with buyer.
Vehicle will be listed on aggressive auction site in coming week. Reasonable offers being entertained on here until then. The car is also listed in many other places and may come off ebay at any time if an offer is accepted. Thanks!
NO INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THIS VEHICLE
$10,300 or Best Offer (really need the garage space for my next project).