1973 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE (BUG) CLASSIC
Contact the seller
West Chester, Ohio, United States
Features and Specifications
|Model:||Beetle - Classic|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1973 Volkswagen Beetle - ClassicVEHICLE DESCRIPTION
- 1973 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE
- ENGINE MODEL 1200, SINGLE PORT
- KASAN RED - ALSO CALL TANGERINE EXTERIOR
- LIGHT GREY INTERIOR, BLACK FLOOR LINERS
- 51825 MILES
- 4 SPEED MANUAL
* NEW EXTERIOR PAINT, FLOOR COVERS, CHROME TRIMHISTORICAL DESCRIPTION
The Volkswagen Beetle is one of the most popular cars in the world, being first produced in 1938 and kept in production until 2003.Although it was first known as Beetle or Bug, this Volkswagen model adopted its name in August 1967. However, the vehicle never used the Beetle name in the United Kingdom where it was marketed as Type I, 1100, 1200, 1300 or 1500.
The VW Beetle 1973 Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1973 with his large rear window.
Main product changes:
- Reduced horsepower in US models (60 to 58 SAE).
- 600 watt (50 amp) alternator replaces generator in mid year.
- Improved intake pre-heating for faster cold weather warm-up.
- Engine case near No3/flywheel is reinforced to prevent cracking.
- Softer transmission mounting.
- Softer clutch.
- Porsche style pressure plate.
- No oil drain plug in oil strainer cover plate.
- New fuel pump (with cut-off valve) to clear alternator.
- Paper air filter.
- New â€˜lifetime lubricatedâ€™ front and rear wheel bearings.
- Larger curved windscreen and smaller front lid to luggage compartment.
- New dash in super beetle.
- Redesigned fresh air system.
- New interior light assembly.
- Stronger bumpers.
- Large round (Elephant Foot) tail lights.
- â€˜Sports Bugâ€™ option.
- New front seats with multiple adjustment.
- Outer door handles get â€˜two fingerâ€™ indents on trigger.
- The flat windscreen was replaced with a more moderncurved windscreen, which improved aerodynamics and interior space.
Serial number ranges
|1973||113 2 438 834||>||114 2 423 795|