1996 Volkswagen Golf GL in excellent condition
Contact the seller
Newport Beach, California, United States
Features and Specifications
|Engine:||4 cylinder, 2.0L|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1996 Volkswagen Golf
You will not find another vehicle of this vintage in as good condition. Here are some highlights.
- Every factory service has been done on schedule.
- All services have been done at Volkswagen dealerships per the instructions in the owner’s manual.
- All parts installed have been OEM, either authentic Volkswagen or Bosch parts.
- Smog check engine emissions are like that of a new car (or better). See attached smog report.
- Last 6 years worth of smog vehicle inspection reports available for review.
- Catalytic converter is original (a testament to the level of care and maintenance).
- Engine oil changed every 3,000 miles (manual says frequency is 7,500 miles).
- Tires rotated and balanced every 5,000 miles or 6 months. Current tires have 13,000 miles wear.
- New paint job in December 2016, matches original VW “suede silver” color.
- Vehicle interior is like new — absolutely no splits or cracks in dash, steering wheel, controls, doors, etc.
- Upholstery is original and is like new - no marks, blemishes, stains, fraying or any other signs of wear.
- Seat covers used since purchase date.
The following major services or repairs were done on this vehicle in the past few years:
- Timing belt changed at 100,000 miles
- Throttle body changed (new Bosch) in 2003
- Throttle valve connector replaced in throttle body
- Oil pan installed and oil pan gasket replaced
- Oil pressure switch replaced
- Ignition coil and high voltage cables replaced
- Cap, rotor, plugs and cables replaced (major tune-up @ 160,000 miles)
- Oxygen sensor, bank 1, sensor 2 (post O2 sensor) replaced
- Fuel and air induction system cleaned (including throttle body) in 2003
- Radiator fan belt for secondary fan replaced
- Air conditioner (A/C) compressor, expansion valve and dryer replaced
- Suspension: front tie rods replaced
- Lower control arm bushings replaced
- Left inner axle boot replaced
- Rear wheel bearings replaced (re-packed, etc)
- Water pump replaced in 2016
- Driver side sun visor replaced
- Tires have 13,000 miles currently
This car has been meticulously maintained. I’m a fastidious engineer. I drive below 2,000 RPMs until the engine is at nominal operating temperature, and thereafter I drive “gently” for another 5 miles or so until the engine block is at nominal temperature.
My asking price is very reasonable considering the care and condition of this vehicle. Don’t quote me Kelly Blue Book value because there are no comparable vehicles. If you’re in Southern California you can easily stop by to examine the vehicle. If you would like additional photos, just let me know. You will get years of life from this vehicle. Just listen to the engine.
I also have a new sun roof assembly (glass, molding, weatherstrip, frame, track and motor ) which I’ll include with the asking price. This assembly new is about $1100. This sun roof assembly is also compatible with any A3 Golf, Jetta or GTI (model years 1991 - 1999).
I am the original owner of this vehicle which is in superb condition. I have every single piece of paper, invoice, service record, smog check report, vehicle registration, etc. since the day I drove the car off of the dealership lot.