1970 Opel Kadett B Wagon 1.9 with factory A/C
Contact the seller
West Covina, California, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1970 Opel Kadett Caravan LUp for Auction is my up until now daily driven Opel Kadett B CarAVan - Station WagonRoadkill.com Award winner!
Sold in 1970 at Buick of San Diego, the car has always stayed in California.
I bought the car close to a year ago from a tow yard in horrible and non-running condition.According to the DMV it was not registered since 2004.You can find an article about the old sales ad at bang shiftbangshift.com/bangshift1320/bangshift1320-online-find/we-want-this-rare-opel-kadett-wagon-so-bad-we-almost-didnt-share-it/
The Car was built for Auto-X (Auto Cross) hence the modifications.
Comes with the original AC Delco Kadett AM Radio in working condition.And yes, even the dealer installed optional A/C still blows cold! (R12a)A lot of original paperwork will be provided with the car (sadly no window sticker)I invested close to $12'000 USD in parts - all receipts kept (of course) and will be handed over to the new owner.
New Parts installed are:
- Brake Calipers (Opel GT Source OGTS)
- Brake Pads EBC Kevlar Brake Pads (OGTS)
- Brake Rotors(OGTS)
- Brake Master(OGTS)
- Brake Wheel Cylinders rear(OGTS)
- Brake Lines(OGTS)
- Brake Shoes Rear (OGTS)
- Heavy Duty Torque Tube Damping Ring(OGTS)
- Heavy Duty Torque Tube Support Bushings(OGTS)
- Optima Red-Top Battery (Summit)
- Momo Prototipo with Steering Wheel Hub (Amazon/eBay)
- Camshaft 430" lift, 268 duration (OGTS)
- Solid lifters (OGTS)
- Suspension Front and Rear Poly Bushings (OGTS)
- Front Lowering Spring (Opels Unlimited)
- Rear Lowering Springs (OGTS)
- SPAX 12-way adjustable shocks front and rear (Larkspeed UK)
- Window Seals Front, Rear, Rear Side Windows (Opel Classic Parts Germany)
- Water Pump (OGTS)
- SPAL 10" Fan with adjustable thermostat and relay (Amazon)
- Shifter Boot(Opels Unlimited)
- 1" Wheel spacers (Amazon)
- Irmscher Style FenderFlares (VDH Racing Germany)
- Tires Toyo Proxxes R888 (Simpletire.com)
- Headlights with LED Bulbs (Amazon)
- LED Bulbs for exterior lights (Amazon)
- Engine Seal and Gasket Kit (OGTS)
- Transmission output shaft Seal (OGTS)
- Rear Axle Input Shaft Seal (Opels Unlimited)
- Engine withCylinderHead (Opels Unlimited)
- Rear Axle 3.44 ratio (Opels Unlimited)
- ATE Brake Booster (OGTS)
- Highefficiency 3-Row Radiator (recored)
- Tail Lights(Opels Unlimited)
- Steinmetz Midi Intake(Opels Unlimited)
- Weber DCOE 40(Opels Unlimited)
- ATS 8x13 et1(Opels Unlimited)
- A/C compressor (eBay)
Now to theobligatory bad stuff:
Some crooks broke into the rear pop out window to steal my tool box, since the guys could not get out of the trunk, they tore up the headliner. I did replace the broken window but not the headliner.The driver seat has a torn backrest and the seat springs broke.The multiple resprays have never been done proper, since in the US it seems to be easier to use masking tape instead of unscrewing attached parts or doing a good preparation job - think Maaco or Earl Scheib for the older folks amongst us. Also the front left fender and door are clear coated, the rest of the car is single stage paint - not in a great shape, but from afar it has still some gloss left (had it detailed just one week ago).There is bondo on every panel. The rear right quarter panel has a long dent - which is why Ididn't feel bad of cutting it up to fit the fender flares.
The Kadett was daily driven, maxed out at 110 mph so despite the license plate, it is not THAT slow.Sadly on the way to Roadkill Zip-Tie Drags in Tucson the gas pedal got stuck for two seconds and the engineover-revved and spun likely a rod bearing on cylinder 1. It still runs, has oil pressure on idle, but I would not recommend to test that out for too long. I towed the Opel back with a U-Haul truck but have sadly not the place to fix it up anymore (no garage).I am aware that this willdiminish the value, but there is no real other way at the moment for me.That to be said, I did put a reserve on the car, which is much less than what I would make in selling the car for parts. So please don't be rude.
If you are from overseas, (I do speak German) I can help arrange shipping, but please get an inspection done! I highly encourage to get a neutral inspector to check the car out. I did describe the Kadett as thoroughly and honest as possible.
If you have any questions, please do let me know. The Car is located in West Covina, CA east of Los Angeles.