2006 Saab 9-3 Convertible in Great Shape!
Contact the seller
Front Royal, Virginia, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
2006 Saab 9-3 ConvertibleWith much regret we're selling our terrific Saab 9-3 Convertible. It's in great shape and I'll let you know everything that's good and bad about it below.
The car was purchased with 99,092 miles on the odometer in April of 2014. It now has just a few miles over 114,000 which works out to 3,727 miles per year under our ownership and about 9,500 per year total.
This has always been garaged under our ownership and appears to have been garaged since new.
We specifically looked for a 5-speed Saab convertible to replace a Saab 9-5 Aero and this car has been a real treat. The heater works great so you can easily do year-'round top-down driving even in colder climates. I've had the top down in 20 degrees which, admittedly, was kinda bonkers but still, you can do it.
Like all Saabs it's a great do-anything type of car. It's a blast on back roads, especially with the top down. It's comfortable for long drives. It'll handle commuter traffic. And you can easily fit a car seat in the back. We frequently took our 4-year old to school in this.
- Runs and handles well
- Great mid-range performance
- Saab parts are shockingly inexpensive
- 5-Speed Manual!
- Current VA safety inspection expires this month. Will get a new safety inspection this week.
- New Sumitomo tires 4/17 - less <5000 mi. on them
- Takata airbag recall performed 4/17
- New link rods installed 4/17
- AC recharged 6/14 - works great
- Washer pump replaced 6/16
- Installed auto-dimming mirror w/ compass from Aero model
- Replaced AC control buttons
- The front floor mats are a bit tattered. New ones are still available.
- Minor stone chips on leading edge of hood
- Small tear in vinyl side panel in rear seat
- Driver's heated seat bolster not heating (back works)
- Passenger seat bolster has a tear in the stitching. Not really noticeable, but it bothers me.
- Second key needs to be programmed. (Get it programmed the next time it needs dealer service.)
- Engine: 2.0L Turbo-charged Inline 4
- Horsepower: 210 @ 5500
- Torque: 221 @ 2500
- Fuel Economy: 21 City/29 Highway
- Fuel Type: 87 Octane
- Rear LATCH system
- Driver & Front passenger adaptive airbags
- Driver & Front passenger head/thorax airbags
- DynaCage with active rollover protection
- 8-way power driver's seat
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel
- Aux jack
- Cruise Control
- Dual-zone automatic climate control w/ cabin air filter
- Front side window de-misters
- Rear window defroster
- Illuminated & cooled glove box
- Undercoating & anti-corrosion treatment
- Rear fog lamp
- Power heated mirrors
One thing that's neither here nor there is that I've dimmed the air bag warning lights because they were distracting on dark roads at night. I mean, really, do they need to be that bright? I get it. No one's in the seat. I can tell by just looking to my right.
12 years on this is still a good looking car. In fact, it's extremely Saab in that it looks better as time goes by. I'm going to miss this car and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
For more photos, please visit:mphtower.net