1970 Plymouth SUPERBIRD A13 V Code 4 Speed Superbird MOPAR Barnfind Dana 60!!!!!
Contact the seller
Champaign, Illinois, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1970 Plymouth Road Runner SUPERBIRD
1970 A13 V Code 4 Speed Superbird â€œThe Holy Grail Barnfindâ€
I am listing this and other Barnfind MOPARS for a family friend, these cars are not my own vehicles.
Please make an offer!
I will be listing other vehicles soon, the owners want to sell these vehicles from their extensive Mopar collection.
You are looking at what many people think today to be unheard of or not out there anymore.
To many in the Collector Car World, this is thought to be the Holy Grail of Collector Muscle Cars. Nascar, Aero, and the collector of the â€œPackage Builtâ€ (A13) cars are just some of the few that jump at the chance to own one of these few remaining Wild Winged Mopars of the 60â€™s and 70â€™s!
This 1970 Plymouth Superbird is one of only 1,935 (Believed) total production, 832 Total 4 Speeds, and 716 V Code Six Pak. Of those 716 built this is one of only 304 V Code-4 Speeds ever offered. To sweeten the Low Production numbers even more, it is a factory High Impact Color FY1 Lemon Twist Yellow car. This is one of the remaining few in the world.
There is a FY1 V Code 4 Speed for sale on the internet right now for over $230K! (And itâ€™s a bench seat car!) You can own and build this car for a fraction of the cost!
This Amazing 1970 V Code Plymouth Superbird is was driven into the current owners garage/shop to start the restoration process in 1980 and ithasn't moved since!
The Superbird was disassembled to the point you see it in the pictures, new quarter panels, trunk floor, outer wheel houses and trunk floor extensions were all replaced. (It is unknown if these parts were NOS or reproduction) Unfortunately the Superbird wasn't always given proper storage. The Bird had been indoors until about 10 years ago when life happened and like most of us the owner needed room in the garage. A tarp was acquired as shelter and the Bird was moved out to the driveway. The body does and some parts have scaly rust and a few places are rusted through, but nothing that cannot be fixed. You should assume that you will have to work on or replace even the panels that were previously replaced.
75% of the original FY1 Lemon Twist Paint is still covering the original panels. The front fenders as with the nose cone are almost rust free and exceptional as are the drivers and passenger doors. The rockers, front and rear frame rails and cross members are all in wonderful
condition.Part of the front drivers side floor was removed because of small pinholes but the entire area was removed to be done the right way. this is where the owner stopped working on the Superbird because of other projects (A few V Code E Body Challengers that will be for sale on eBay and listed at later dates) and like everyone else, money.
Being that this car was never abused or butchered and was never in an accident it really is an great starting point to owning one of the elite few remaining Superbirds in the world!
The main parts that make this Superbird what it is are all accounted for and in amazing condition. The Wing, supports, nose cone and headlight components, grille insert and surround, fenders, hood, fender scoops, etc. all all there. The only big part that needs to be sourced on this original Superbird is the Nose Cone Spoiler, unfortunately it isn't known if it was removed from the car in 1980 or if it was missing prior to disassembly. Optioned with 15â€x 7â€ Rally Road Wheels and Goodyear Wide Oval OWL Tires this Bird definitely has the right looks and options to be that â€œUltimate Investment Grade Moparâ€ everyone is looking for and no one can find or if they do find it the owner will not sell it.
This car is as stated earlier a factory FY1 Lemon Twist Yellow car with a TX9 black bucket seat interior with a console shifted 18 Spline Hemi 4 Speed. The seats are not the original to the car and may have gone into another car in the 80â€™s but included are a pair of bucket seats and a back seat from a 1970 Dodge Charger. they are in nice shape and will be perfect after the old covers are removed and the frames and tracks are cleaned up. There is not a Tic-Toc-Tach in the Rally Dash which is complete and the soft parts should clean up fairly well. The interior is complete and original except for the bucket seats. The original steering wheel and 4 Speed column and pedal assembly are all still in place as is the original 4 Speed hump in the floor tunnel.The dashboard and heater box have never been removed from the car.
You shouldassumethat everything on theinteriorwill need to be replaced or restored.
Unfortunately as has happened to all too many Mopar collector cars in the 70â€™s and 80â€™s, the Fender Tag was removed and misplaced decades ago and have had no luck finding it or a Broadcast Sheet and do not know if they were removed prior to disassembly in 1980.
(We DO NOT have the Fender Tag or Broadcast Production Sheet-If you are lucky there may be a Broadcast Sheet under the dash and or behind the heater box. PLEASE DO NOT ASK -I WILL NOT REMOVE ANYTHING TO FIND A BROADCAST SHEETâ€¦ PERIOD. that will be the new owners quest.)
The HP440 engine and Six Pak set up that come with the Superbird were in the car when it was disassembled in 1980. This motor is equipped with Six Pack Connecting Rods and Balancer. The Six Pak - Trio of Holley Carburetors - is believed to be correct 4 Speed 1970 pieces. The Carbs, air cleaner base plate and lid are believed to be original to the car. The owner believes the motor to have been in the car from a very early age as an unmarked warranty replacement block that was never stamped with a VIN number. The engine block has a correct date of May-22-1969, as all Plymouth Superbirds were manufactured prior to January of 1970.
This engine by most Collectors/Restoration Shops definition is 100% expectable and almost as good as the original engine the Bird came with from the factory. The motor was strong running prior to being plucked from the Superbird but a correct rebuild and complete teardown was planned. Everything else that should be on the motor is there, including the original HP High Flow Exhaust Manifolds.
The 18 Spline Hemi 4 Speed Transmission and Dana 60 rear differential are believed to be original to the car and are included in the sale of the Superbird. The Dana 60 has not been removed from the car and is still in place as is all of the original front suspension and factory front disc brakes.
This is a PROJECT car, but none the less a real Deal 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird with a CLEAR Title. This is an opportunity that does not come along but possibly once in a lifetime for most of us!
Do not Snooze or you will absolutely Loose!
The shipping price is within the contiguous United States of America.Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Ask prior to bidding.
I will ship over seas but the price will differ from the listing price. No exception, send your postal code and I will send you a shipping quote.
And now 10 rules you MUST READ!
1. Your bid is a contract! If you are the successful bidder, you are expected to pay! Please have all contingencies handled and your money in place BEFORE you bid! No retractions will be allowed, so be sure BEFORE you bid! Please read and understand this: ASK QUESTIONS AND GET ANSWERS BEFORE YOU BID.
2. A $500.00 NON -NEGOTIABLE
NON - REFUNDABLE partial payment/deposit is due within 48 hours of end of auction. This can be by bank wire transfer or Pay Pal.
Balance is due within 7 days of auction's conclusion. This can be by bank wire transfer as well, and is probably the safest method.
3. Please note that the car is currently at my residence inChampaign Illinois.
4. Vehicle and papers will not leave here until paid in full with cleared funds. If you are paying with ANY kind of check, it must clear MY bank before car or ownership will be released. No exceptions! Please note that with all the fraudulent money orders out there, most banks treat them like personal checks and place a 5 to 7 business day hold on them. Wire transfer is the best method. If you are paying balance on pickup, it must be cash in person. No exceptions.
5. Vehicle is sold strictly as-is at my premisies with no guarantee or warranty of any kind.
6. Transportation is the buyer's responsibility. I will try to reasonably help and accommodate you any way I can, but it still YOUR responsibility.
7. If you cannot pick up immediately, that is fine, it can be left here for a reasonable period. However, it still must be paid for within the 7 days, and you should secure insurance as I cannot be responsible for loss or damage due to circumstances beyond my control or act of God.
8. Please ask and get satisfactory answers to all questions BEFORE YOU BID! Since sold strictly as/is, no warranty or returns, once you bid, you have made a binding contract.
9. Car is advertised locally for sale. If I find a buyer through that venue, I reserve the right to end auction early. Please call or text me at Five 2 Zero - Seven 3 Zero - Eight 6 Nine Ninewith any further questions and leave a messages if i so not answer.
10. If you have been an Ebay member for less than a year and/or have less than 10 feedbacks, and/or have less than a 95% rating, you MUST contact me BEFORE you bid. Failure to do this may result in my cancelling your bid and blocking you from bidding on my items current and future. I understand that new members can be great customers, but I must talk to you first. Thanks a lot.
I am sorry for all the rules, but it seems that 5% of difficult people spoil it for the 95% who are good. Thanks very much for looking! Again, please feel free to call or text Five 2 Zero - Seven 3 Zero - Eight 6 Nine Nine
with any questions and leave a message if there is no answer.
Thanks for looking!