1982 Studebaker Avanti II Coupe, Chevy 305ci V8, Chevy TH200-4R Auto Trans, Rare
Contact the seller
Caddo Mills, Texas, United States
Features and Specifications
|Trim:||II Handbuilt, 1 of 183|
|Engine:||Chevy Small Block Corvette 305 CID|
1982 Studebaker Avanti II Handbuilt, 1 of 183
1982 Studebaker Avanti for sale in Caddo Mills, TX 75135
Present mileage is 43,783, and the car is driven weekly for fun. Don’t know of any reason that it couldn’t be driven cross-country if desired. Cruises nicely at 70-75 mph with rpm’s in the 2100-2250 range on the Chevy small-block Corvette 305 CID engine and Chevy TH200-4R transmission, with Dana 60 rear end ratio of 3.55:1. You get lots of interested people wanting to know what kind of car that it is…..Unique.
History of Avanti II RQB-3541, VIN Number 12AAV1239C1003541, one of the 183 handbuilt cars delivered in 1982 from the Nathan-Altman Studebaker Avanti factory in SouthBend, Indiana. The Build Sheet (today’s equivalent is the Window Sticker) shows the options included in this American classic vehicle and a delivery shipping date of 12/15/1982 to Dallas, Texas. I understand that a doctor in Dallas was the buyer and drove the car for about 15,000 miles. Clues indicate that it was sold at a Leake Auction in Dallas and ended up in a car collection/museum in Greenville, Texas. The vehicle was used by the museum owner as a daily driver until his death in about 2012, when it was eventually sold by the estate on 7 November 2013, with 42,365 actual miles to an individual in Caddo Mills, Texas who does restorations. His restoration efforts included:
1. Remove the fuel tank &; lines and clear of jellied fuel.
2. Replace spark plugs.
3. Body fiberglass repair left rear trunk lip, remove backup lights.
4. Prepare and paint the body a Gold Metallic paint.
5. Register the vehicle as a Texas Antique &; license as such.
This project car was bought on 21 April 2014 with 42,625 actual miles and performed the following restoration efforts:
6. Since the vehicle is exempt from most smog regulations, removed the air pump and associated equipment; have the parts for reinstallation is desired.
7. Cleaned the Rochester E4ME four-barrel carburetor and installed a new kit. Engine now starts and runs normally.
8. Replace front brake lines to disc assemblies to remove jellied fluid.
9. Replace transmission flex coolant lines to radiator to fix leaks.
10. Pulled all body panels and traced/verified wiring. Cleaned up routing and lacing.
11. Removed electric door lock solenoids for restoration. Will provide in kit for re-installation if desired.
12. Hella Driving lights gone from front of vehicle. Wiring and switches still in place.
13. Replaced AM/FM Radio with modern unit. Also new speakers (4).
14. Replaced original tires due to dry rot. New tires have less than 1000 miles on them.
15. Replaced battery.
16. Restored upholstery to original condition, with original piping.
17. Reconditioned bumpers and rechromed to new conditions.
18. Replaced carpet and pad throughout, including trunk.
19. Replaced door rubber seals…still a small leak in the moon-roof area.
20. Haven’t seen any rust damage in chassis or body parts (Dallas area whole life).
21. Converted air conditioner from R-12 to R-134 Freon. Blows cold.
Call (402) 502-8385 for more information.
*Caveat Emptor* Please Remember To Inspect Vehicle Prior To Purchase!