1970 oldsmobile 98 convertible
Contact the seller
Tampa, Florida, United States
Features and Specifications
|Engine:||455 big block Rocket|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1970 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Convertible
Anyone can detail a car and make it look great. Always look at the interior of the engine compartment! My car was NOT detailed for these photos. Reserve price is significantly LOWER than the buy it now price. Additional photos will be provided on request. I reserve the right to cancel this auction or sell the car via another mechanism prior to auction close.
Solid, reliable driver for fun cruising or road trips.
1970 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Convertible. One of 3,161 made this model year, which is the last year the Ninety-Eight convertibles were produced. Rarest of all the GM senior car convertibles for this year.
Power windows, power door locks, power steering, power brakes, power convertible top, power bench seat, VintageAirIV air conditioning.
Torch red exterior, white interior, white convertible roof. Brand new OEM supplier convertible top and top well installed 2015 with new top cylinders.
Less than 3,000 miles on rebuilt original 455cid Rocket big block V8. At rebuild, engine was bored, crank machined and balanced, new pistons, cam and lifters, heads rebuilt with all new valves and springs, new rockers, new high output aluminum water pump. Engine is painted correct Oldsmobile metallic blue.
Converted to 4L60 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive, rebuilt using heavy-duty parts.
New steering gear, drag link, front suspension bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, front end alignment, shocks, with air shocks in rear.
Additional work done since April 2016:
- 5 Tires, Dynamic Balance, Alignment, J78-15, P225/75R15 WSW
- Installed Battery Tray and mounting bracket
- Fixed Brake Lights
- Fixed intermittent Headlights
- Fixed Dash Lights
- Replaced Wiper electrical relay
- Sticky Gas Pedal - Cleaned out and lubed cable
- Sticky Door Handles - Cleaned out and lubed
- Repaired Remote Mechanical Mirror linkages
- Installed split washer for the hood release
- Installed Cup Holders on transmission hump
- Replaced Carburetor with Edelbrock 1411 6053
- Repaired Parking Brake Light
- Installed two new Mufflers with Resonators
- Installed Cruise Control Link
- Repaired Brake Pedal pull up (spring and mechanism)
- Installed electric radiator fans
- Changed Oil (to Amsoil Break-in Oil), Lubed Chassis
- Replaced starter motor
- New, heavy duty aluminum radiator. Fixed electric fans
- Installed VintageAir IV air conditioning
- Put dash wires in chase to avoid hanging near Brake Pedal
- Fixed low hanging exhaust pipes
- Repaired Power Windows (switches, two motors)
- Repaired disconnected wire under hood that lights running lights
- Fixed Radiator electric fan thermostat (fans were always on high)
- Fixed lower part of dash not lit (shift indicator, headlight switch, heat/ac, etc.)
- Replaced sticky ignition switch
- Repaired Air Shock Connection and tubing
- Replaced inside rear view mirror
- Replaced passenger power window motor (again)
- Replaced passenger mirror with correct model
- Repaired Driver Remote Mechanical Mirror (again)
- Completely replaced non-original crushed brown velour interior with original white Interior with doors and seats done in exact original pattern.
- Cleaned up and repaired door levers, bushings, etc (while door panels were off for reupholstery)
- Repaired Interior Door Panels (while door panels were off for reupholster)
- Replaced all interior black carpeting, including trunk.
- WeatherTech trunk liner (sewed in as part of replaced trunk carpeting)
- Reupholstered Visors
- New Convertible Top Boot
- Adjusted transmission shift
- Installed lockup converter manual override switch
- Pulled dash and sent to Dakota Digital
- Dakota Digital Cluster and Parts
- New analog Speedometer, Tachometer, Gauges (Temp, Oil, Gen, Fuel)
- New Analog Clock
- Includes Cruise Control and Display
- Cruise Controls on Turn Signal wand
- Auto-On/Auto-Off Headlights (not installed as Power harness cannot handle, but included)
- Includes Compass & Outside Temperature Display
- Amsoil Synthetic Oil (high Zinc), Lube, Filter, Rotate Tires
- Added power door locks, power trunk release, and remote
- Rebuilt Differential - No Spar Gear Available, rebuilt and replaced synthetic lube
- Replaced passenger rear axle and bearings
- Cleaned Power Brake Master Cylinder
- Put all wiring into harnesses
- Replaced vacuum lines, and master and slave seals, as power brakes were intermittent
- Replaced fluid containers (anti-freeze, wiper fluid)
- Replaced wheels, install correct vintage hub caps
- Refurbished original 1970 Steering Wheel (Rim Blow)
- Added Electric Fuel Pump for ease of start after sitting
- Replaced Convertible Roof Motor