1991 3000GT SL SUPERCHARGED 360HP
Contact the seller
Caledonia, Illinois, United States
Features and Specifications
|Trim:||SL - Supercharged|
|Color:||Matador Red Mica|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL - Supercharged1991 3000GT SL Supercharged. Dynoed at 288 front wheel horsepower which is roughly 360HP at the crank. Fun, fast car that I have owned since 2001. I am the third owner and have owned longer than anyone previously. Majority of work has been done by IPS motorsports of Ohio and The Performance Factory (3SX) of North Carolina. There is a video of the car being dyno tuned at The Performance Factory on YouTube (cant post a link, but if you search for "1991 Supercharged 3000gt" you will find it.
I am selling this as I am not currently working on it any more. It has been almost a year since I have really done anything with it and it is time for someone else to finish it up. This car has waaaaaaay too much money put in it and I am by no means looking to get what I put in out of it. I really want to see someone who is enthusiastic about these cars finish this up. I would strongly suggest having this shipped to The Performance Factory if you end up purchasing this.
I am sure I will miss some things but a breakdown of what the car has:
* Lexus Matador Red Mica paint.* Cianci Widebody fenders front & rear* Upgraded taillights* Clear corner front turn signals* New windshield
* 3.4 liter stage 5 engine (balanced, all forged internals)
* RIPP supercharger (1 of 10 made), currently at 6psi* Polished intakes, valve covers* Ported heads w 5 angle valve job* Custom exhaust headers* New, custom quad exhaust (no catalytic converter)
* Fully built, "bullet proof" transmission built by Import Performance Transmissions* Can handle up to 450HP* 3200RPM high stall torque converter* IPT Shift Box (push button, manual shifting)
* Custom Nexus Autometer gauges (speedometer, tachometer, fuel level, oil pressure, trans temp, engine temp, battery, boost gauge, Air/Fuel gauge, )
* New OEM interior carpet
Now for the not so good:
* The car doesn't currently run.The car starts but not consistent. Runs very rich. Really needs more time on the dyno to dial it in.* Tires need to be replaced. I haven't done this as most people want to add their own custom wheels/tires so I have left this alone. * The car is an automatic but has a push button shifter. The automatic trans likes to get locked in 3rd gear (fail safe mode). I am sure this is tied to the lack of tuning.* Interior seats are rough. The worst is the driver side seat (see pics). Really could use new leather.* No sound system. Front tweeters are missing and speakers are OEM (don't work).* No locks. Not sure what happened to them, but when the car was painted it was returned to the shop with no locks and nobody could find them??
This car is a work in progress. It has been such a cool, unique car. It just needs the next owner to take it over the finish line. Keep in mind this car is nearly 30 years old. Things aren't perfect and I tried to list everything as best I can.
Buyer is responsible for shipping but I will help where I can. United States buyers only please, no international buyers/shipping. Please ask any questions prior to bidding and I will answer ASAP (usually in the evening). Car is located in Northern IL (just outside of Rockford) should you want to see it in person.
Thanks for viewing!