1981 Mercedes Benz 300 CD Coupe Diesel (2-Door) Rare Florida Car Low Reserve
Contact the seller
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1981 Mercedes-Benz 300-SeriesThis is a very rare Mercedes Benz two-door coupe that is a driver. I was planning on completely restoring it but just don't have the time. These cars are worth much more than the 4-door sedans which are far more common. I have attached in the photos snap shots of the pricing values all the way from show car (this one is not) to fair condition.
Strengths:4 new Michelin tiresSteering is tightSuspension is solidTransmission shifts wellMoon roof is fully operationalVacuum door locks function properlyNo rust other than some minor surface spotsInterior is in good shape for its ageNewer Mercedes batteryNew starterNewer CD playerA great looking car!
* Please Read!!!
I have lowered the starting bid because I have recently discovered several issues after I took the car to a German Mercedes Mechanic who thoroughly went through the car. I felt it is my responsibility to describe the car as accurately as possible now that I am aware of this additional information. That said, the car has great potential and with the right owner could be worth a lot more than I am asking.
* There is a vibration which is not due to faulty motor mounts but is likely engine-rpm specific. It is either (1) a defective / out of balance torque converter or (2) a bent connection rod.
* Front lower ball joints need to be replaced
* Both rear half shafts at the differential need to be replaced (boots are cracked)
* The car sounds loud to me, might need a new muffler (some say this is normal for the non-turbos)
* All windows work except drivers side rear
* Car was repainted and looks great from 5 feet. Most wouldn't mind. However, if you are a perfectionist, you would want to re-do it.
* Shifter bushings could be replaced, everything works, just sloppy for me (Again, parts are cheap and the labor is very simple).
* Odometer works but is showing signs of a worn internal part (very common with these cars)
PLEASE DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU INTEND TO BUY AND PICK IT UP IN NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
THANKS FOR LOOKING