1985 Mazda RX-7 GS, Streetported13BT
Contact the seller
Wilmington, Massachusetts, United States
Features and Specifications
|Trim:||GS w/GSL-SE Wheels&Brakes|
|Engine:||91-91' JDM 13BT|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1985 Mazda RX-7 GS w/GSL-SE Wheels&BrakesYou are bidding on modified 1985 Mazda RX-7 with no reserve. This collectible is still in great condition for it's age, but currently doesn't start. The chassis has 156,319 miles, but the entire drive-train has been upgraded and modified. The paint is original Sunrise Red. Body is in good shape, but has a few small dings and dents typical of a car with this mileage. This car has not been driven in New England winters, but does have some body rust in the typical weak points.
This RX-7 has been modified to fit a performance built, street-ported 91'-92' 13B-T with matching year transmission. The motor has approximately 15k miles on the rebuild and ran great when it last ran. Rear-end has been upgraded to use a rear axle including limited-slip differential from a GSL-SE. Brakes and wheel hubs have been upgraded to the GSL-SE trim parts as well. When running, this car put down close to 300 RWHP, ran a low 13 sec. 1/4mi and had plenty of room for improvement.
It's a sad day to be selling this car, but I've moved across country I can't take this one with me. I don't have the time to debug the issue that is keeping the car from starting, but I've isolated it to the ignition system--the ignition signals aren't making it to the ignition system. I suspect the crank-angle-sensor connection is the culprit, but I don't have the time to verify The front brakes appear to be dragging, and so may need to be rebuilt. There could be other unidentified issues. Buyer will assume responsibility for pick-up and/or shipping.
The following is a list of modifications:
- JDM imported 13B-T and matching transmission from 91'-92' model RX-7 Turbo II. Engine has been rebuild with upgrade apex seals, Oil system mods, removed OMP. Throttle body mod. Heavy street-port.
- GSL-SE rear-end, front and rear brakes. Ceramic 6 puck clutch.
- Turbo-charger compressor has been upgraded and the turbine has been clipped, but was over-clipped such that the boost pressure is limited to around 12psi at torque peak, but falls to 6psi at 7k RPM. Front mounted intercooler. Custom ceramic coated intake piping. Greddy BOV.
- Leading ignition using MSD 6A and stock coils. Trailing ignition stock.
- High flow fuel pump, 10 Gal Aluminum fuel cell, 6AN Fuel lines. 550cc primary 1600cc secondary injectors. Must pre-mix 128:1 due to removed oil metering pump.
- 3in high flow exhaust with Apex N1 Muffler
- Haltech E6X ECU
- Relocated battery, new Optima battery.