K20-Powered 1996 Honda Civic Hatchback 6-Speed - EK9 Type R
Contact the seller
Monticello, New York, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1996 Honda CivicUp for auction is my 96 Honda Civic hatchback and is a modified example equipped with a 2.0L K20A inline-four and 6-speed manual transmission from a 2002 Acura RSX Type S. The build was completed by the previous owner and was featured inthe February 2009 issue ofSuper Streetmagazine.
The suspension is Buddy Club N+ coilovers, Function 7 rear lower control arms, an Integra Type R front anti-sway bar, Progress 22mm rear bar, and Energy Suspensionbushings and front end links. Konig Flatout alloy wheels measure 15Ã—8â€³ all around and wear 225/45 BFGoodrich g-Force Rival tires with new tires on them which I put on myself along with new stock rotors and pads on the front.
You may have seen this car on BringATrailer but the price was not sufficient for what I wanted so my friend bought it and I kept it so it never actually sold.
The engine bay has been shaved and features Kevlar firewall block-off plates. The A/C, heater, windshield wiper system, and several other components have been removed. Major components provided below:
- Factory Honda 2006-2011 RBC intake manifold
- Skunk2 70mm throttle body
- K-Tuned RBC throttle body adapter (ported 70mm)
- Hondata thermal intake manifold gasket
- Rev Works custom cold-air intake
- Mugen thermostat and fan switch
- K-Tuned thermostat housing delete
- K-Tuned K swap radiator hoses
- JDM K24 310cc injectors
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Competition Clutch Stage 4 6-puck sprung hub
- Hasport EKK2 motor mounts
- DC2 Integra subframe
- Gator Axles
- R Crew 4-2-1 header
- Skunk2 Megapower RR exhaust system
Too many cars guys so grab a bargain here. Very low reserve. It is only a tick slower in a straight line than my Focus RS.
In terms of stuff wrong with it, very small but here is everything
- The car sits quite low so I scraped the front lip enough on my driveway that I just removed it. It comes with sale but tbh I would throw it out and get a black lip instead as it scuffed
- There was a hose clip sticking up that was rubbing the front hood underneath when it was closed and had worn a hole in the underneath. Did not get through entire hood so cannot see it at all when it is closed but is damage there underneath. Now clamp is turned sideways so no more rubbing
- Body is very very clean there really isnt any marks in it at all but it is a 1996 so couple of small scuffs and such but only an owners eyes will see them.
- Has no wipers
- S2000 Start button as of a couple days ago stopped working. Would like to get that fixed before sale so just letting everyone know.
- Small tiny bit of paint missing on Left Rear wheel Arch. Not rust just some paint where the tire may have caught the arch at some point in its life before I owned the car.
Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. I would recommend trailering home due to having the additional seats included in the sale also but this car has no problems doing a couple hundred miles. I have put about 2000 on it since i got it.