1991 Honda Civic RT-4WD Wagon 193691 miles All original AWD
Contact the seller
Stephenson, Michigan, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1991 Honda Civic WagonHi everyone,
I bought my 1991 Civic RT-AWD automatic wagon in 2001 with 48,000 miles on it, sold it to a woman I worked with in 2004 with 70,000 miles on it, and bought the same wagon back back from her in 2011 with 140,000 miles on it. It now has 193,671 miles and with regret I am now putting it up for sale.I am starting this auction at $500. The new tires and painted rims alone are worth more than that. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs but I will work with you to get the vehicle picked up.
This car has never been in an accident. I planned on restoring it and recently put $1200 into it to get it back on the road. I just don't have the time needed to work on it. I've driven it several times the past few months and it still goes through snow like no other car I've ever owned. A few weeks ago a belt in the engine compartment started squealing so I haven’t driven it since. With the new brakes it stopped nice and straight. Before the belt squeal issue the car started right up and shifted as it should and the AWD system seemed to function well. The automatic seat belts both function too. I have a few videos driving it last month if you'd like to see them. These are also on Youtube under my Youtube user name Al Woodshedders.
New parts in the past 2 months are as follows:
- New battery
- New alternator and alternator belt
- New front wipers blades
- New front brake hardware/rotors/pads
- New rear brake hardware, pads
- 4 New General Altimax tires
- Sand blasted and re-painted all 4 rims with primer and Polar White paint. I did this myself so this wasn't professionally done, but I think they look pretty good.
- New right rear brake light bulb assembly and new front left blinker bulb.
- Two years ago I replaced the spark plug well rubber rings, spark plugs, wires and distributor cap.
- Included with the car are the owner's manual, the Chilton Honda Civic manual, The Electrical Troubleshooting manual, and the Service Repair manual.
The issues with the car are as follows:
- The body is very rusty and needs quite a bit of work. The right rear and side are the worst. Michigan winters have taken their toll unfortunately.
- The suspension needs some TLC. It drives straight down the road but there are a lot of rattles and squeaks.
- There is a gas leak either in the supply tube from the gas cap to the gas tank or from the tank itself. I believe it's in the tube but not sure. I noticed some gas dripping under the car after filling it up last month. It seemed to only last a few minutes and then stops. Definitely needs to be fixed though.
- As mentioned above a belt in the driver side of the engine compartment has started to squeak sometimes. It could probably use a new timing belt so my guess is the noise is coming from this, or the tensioner is failing. I don't think it's the alternator belt as this is new.
- The driver's seat is well worn and the padding is exposed.
- Driver's side visor was caught in the automatic seat belt a few years ago and bent a little. It will need to be replaced if restoring the vehicle but still functions.
- The air conditioning has never worked since I originally bought it in 2004. I never really needed it so I didn't fix it.
- General wear and tear for a car 27 yrs old.
The pics/videos taken are from December 2017/January 2018. My email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for looking!