2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Z71 4x4, V8 (4.8l)
Contact the seller
Westport, Massachusetts, United States
Features and Specifications
|Type:||Extended Cab Pickup|
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71
I bought the truck second hand in 2006. It had 17k miles on it then and until 2013 it was my primary vehicle but for the past 5 years I used it only as needed, not my daily driver. I’ve fixed, repaired and replaced all kinds over the past few years and decided it’s time to get a newer truck. Just got a new MA inspection, good through December 2018. Here are the recent updates, less than 10k miles on all of them:
- 2015 - new battery
- 2015 – Rebuild transmission completely (around 210k mi)
- 2015 – replaced all the metal brake lines
- 2016 - New tires (only about 8k miles on them, like new)
- 2016 – New brakes all around
- 2017 – Replaced upper-rear shock mounts and added new shocks
- 2017 – New front bumper (chrome)
- 2017 – New rear bumper (chrome)
- 2018 – New starter
- 2018 – New water pump
- 2018 – replaced rear leaf spring brackets and shackles
Things that need attention:
- Air conditioning (hasn’t worked since 2015)
- Rocker panels and cab corners are starting to rust ou
- Needs new wheel sensor for rear ABS.
Engine runs like a top, synthetic oil (Mobil 1) since the day I got it along with premium gas. It makes a difference. Also, I bought the replacement rocker panels and cab corners from 1A Auto with the intention of cutting out the old and welding them in. Never got to it so you can have them with the truck. Also comes with the Track Racks shown in the photos. I have kayak racks for them too. Locking fishing rod holders on the racks too, but I can take them off if you don’t want them.
This truck has been awesome to me and I hate t see it go, but after a lot of thought I decided it’s time for me to find a newer one. Lots of life left in it for somebody.