1961 Ford Galaxie Sunliner rare special order Playboy Pink California Survivor
Contact the seller
Oakland, California, United States
Features and Specifications
|Engine:||352 V8 X-Code|
|Interior color:||Morocco Black|
1961 Ford Galaxie1961 Ford Galaxie Sunliner"Playboy Pink"~Original 352cid Ford V8 motor~Original Morrocco Black interior~Original Rust free California convertible~Rare 1961 Ford Sunliner promotional car~Rare special order original factory paint~Original dual California black and yellow License plates~1 of 1 Ford Sunliner, you cannot duplicate this carNO RESERVE AUCTION
When it comes to vintage automobiles, California and the West Coast of the United States have always been the most desirable the world over for many reasons; the mild climate and the fact that many automotive trends started in California. The automobile is the perfect technological symbol of American culture, a tangible expression of our quest to level space, time, and class and a reflection of our relentless mobility, social and otherwise. You see automobiles advertised the world over described as California cars because at some point they were in California or drove through California. A true California car is one that was sold new in California and titled in California, one that has the original plates that are on that title is a true California car.We are liquidating a collection of 300 actual California cars.
Up for a NO Reserve auction is a very special find.This is a very rare original paint 1961 Ford Galaxy Sunliner Convertible survivor. This is one of those once in a lifetime opportunityâ€™s that will never be repeated. We have had more than one expert make the comment that this 1961 example is most likely one of one however I have no way to guarantee this however common sense dictates very few 58-year-old convertibles with special order original paint exist anywhere.
This car is finished in a very rare special-order factory color the name is unclear some called it Playboy Pink the interior is the original Black Morocco as is the original white power convertible top. Ford motor company offered special order colors on certain models which is evident by the blank color code on the vin plate. This a true California car that is an early production 1961 as a special promo car rolling off the assembly line December 14, 1960 at the former Ford Motor Company Los Angeles assembly plant located at 8820 Washington Boulevard and Rosemead Boulevard, in Pico Rivera in southwestern Los Angeles. The car was shipped to the San Francisco Bay Area where it saw very little use in its first 12 years averaging about 1768 miles per year for the first 12 years of its life and then sealed away for the last 46 years. It still has the original Black and Yellow plates that were mandatory issued in 1963 to all carâ€™s registered in California. The last time this vehicle was registered was 1973 the year it was retired to a very large private collection in a giant building. At some point in the 70â€™s the engine was removed and completely rebuilt so technically has less than 100 miles. The actual miles of the car are just 21700.
DATA PLATE DECODED:
1=1961 j=Los Angeles 55=Sunliner Convert X= 352 V8 #125432 sequential #125432
BODY 76B= Sunliner Convert
Color code (blank) denotes = Special Order color code
TRIM 96= Black Morocco -All Vinyl
DATE 14M built on the 14 of December 1960
TRANS 4 = Cruise-O-Matic
The EXTERIOR of the car is in absolutely fantastic shape pictures do not do it justice. This is a 58 year old car with 58 year old paint and is a testament to the much higher quality materials used in the earlier sixties. The body is very straight with no body work or no rust, there are a few dings on the front passenger fender, otherwise there really isn't much to talk about as far as flaws. The paint shines great, there are no spots where it has worn off like many cars that are 58 years old. There are a few little scratches by the rear taillights but again there isn't much to talk about for paint flaws. The chrome is in great shape and shines great with no pitting or rust. All the hubcaps look great with no curb rash. The convertible top has no rips or tears. All the glass is good with no cracks. There are no missing emblems or missing trim pieces. The underneath is clean and solid with no rust what so ever. It truly is remarkable that a 58 year old convertible has been preserved in this quality, this is a very nice car cosmetically and cannot be duplicated with this rare originality.
Hop inside and the interior of this Sunliner is in equally as of shape as the exterior. There are no rips or tears or even much wear in the seats. All the door panels look great. All the carpet is in good shape. The dash has no cracks. All the gauges are in operating condition and are clear and shiny. The sun visors are missing. The radio is not operating at the moment. Seat belts in 1961 was an option in which car was not equipped with. Classic convertibles have notoriously rough interiors due to the age and exposure to the elements. That is not the case with this car. The interior condition alone is a testament to how well this car has been preserved for the last 58 years.
Mechanically this is running driving car.s powered by the X-code 352 V8 mated to the optional Cruise-O-Matic automatic with a 3.00 rear end. The engine was removed by the owner some time in the 70â€™s and completely rebuilt. The vehicle is equipped with power steering and power brakes. We pulled this car from the collection in 2019 where it has been for nearly 50 years and replaced the original tires with new as well replacing the complete brake system. The engine has less than 100 miles. The Cruise-O-Matic shifts smooth in all gearsThe brakes stop the car like they should. All of the lights, high beams, reverse and brake lights are functional. This is a 58 year old car with a 58 year old drive train many of those years have spent sitting.
NO RESERVE THIS ITEM WILL SELL TO THE FINAL BIDDER!This listing includes almost 200 detailed photos and the vehicle has been described as descriptive as possible. If there is anything that is unclear or additional information is needed please don't hesitate to ask. Please ask any questions before bidding.Please only bid with the intention to own. Bidding then canceling for "entering the wrong amount" will get you blocked from further bidding. Thanks and Good Luck
*It has come to my ATTENTION, GOOGLE Chrome sometimes has the pictures get cutoff or has loading issues, there are 200 photos of exterior, interior, engine and underneath in the description. Please let me know if you have trouble viewing anything. If you are usinh Google Chrome please try to use another browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc) that seems to fix the inconsistent issue. I also have link to the photo album but due to ebay policy cannot include links in the ad please request and I can email the link to you.**ONLY BID WITH INTENTIONS TO PAY FOR AND OWN THIS CAR**
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.
WE CAN HELP YOU GET THIS ONE OF A KIND VEHICLE SHIPPED TO JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR LESS THAN YOU THINK CLICK ON THE ARROW TO SEE THE SIMPLE PROCESS