1930 Ford Model A Hot Rod / Rat Rod
Contact the seller
Riverside, California, United States
Features and Specifications
1930 Ford Model A1930 Ford Hot Rod / Rat Rod
- Chopped and channeled 1930 steel body
- Whoever chopped the top did a good job
- Paint is nice but not Top Show quality, only a couple small imperfections like above door frame and where door latch contacts the body, which are shown in pictures.
- Nice top. No headliner.
- Seats, door panels, kick panels, floor panels, transmission hump and driveshaft tunnel appear well done as seen in pictures. Seats are adjustable but sit low and taller than average drivers might be a little cramped(typical for rods like this)
- Safety glass windshield, opens. Door windows, side windows and rear window are tinted Lexan.
- Exterior gas filler for 19 gallon(?) fuel cell with working fuel gauge, electric fuel pump
- SBC 350, previous owner indicated it is rebuilt/crate motor. Confirmed good compression on all cylinders. Alternator, starter and other components appear to have been new when assembled.
- Small cap HEI distributor, Edelbrock performer intake and carb with electric choke, Pro Comp cam?, exact grind unknown but it does have a rather lumpy idle. Starts right up, runs good and makes good power.
- Headers have baffle inserts but still rather LOUD on hard acceleration. (might need better baffles or something if buyer lives in restrictive local)
- Aluminum radiator with internal trans cooler.
- 700R4 transmission, reportedly rebuilt, clean and operates as it should. Lokar shifter
- Ford 9 inch rear axle, old style round case, 3.30? gears. seems to have posi or limited slip but not confirmed other than both rear tires leave rubber on acceleration
- Most all suspension, steering and brake components appear to be from Speedway or equivalent. Ford front spindles and disc brakes, Vega steering box and linkage, Flaming River tilt steering wheel, suicide front end with chrome front shocks, big Ford rear drums, brakes and hardware. Air Ride rear shocks and air pump.
- Wiring looks good, push button starter and on/off switch for electric fuel pump. Two 12 power outlets. Idiot lights for oil pressure and coolant temperature. Gauge for air shock pressure and air pump switch to raise of lower rear end. Headlights have built in blinkers and rear tail lights are nicely done.
- Wheel Vintique wheels, trim rings and hub caps. Firestone tires.
- Everything works as it should. Exact mileage unknown but based on tire wear it is very little, so I guessed 1500 miles as mileage input required by eBay.
- Goes and stops straight but rides and drives as expected for a rod which sets low, is light weight and has minimal suspension travel, like an oversized go kart on steriods.
- That said, in 2 years I have driven less than 500 miles (used phone app for speedo and odometer) just to local shows and meets with no freeway miles so only limited experience.
- Clear Title and Registered in Texas as a 1930 Ford(antique plates), currently located in Southern California.
- I am not the original builder/owner so the above information is based on my non-professional observations, what I was able to research and what was verbally relayed to me.
Prospective buyers are welcome to send me questions or to view it in person but first, please review all pictures and provided information in detail.
Bidders with less than 5 positive feedbacks and those that are obvious scammers or shell bidders will be automatically deleted!
Vehicle listed locally so I reserve the right to end listing early.
Buyer is responsible for arranging and any costs associated with pick up or shipping. Seller will only assist as is reasonable.
Sold AS-IS with NO guarantee stated or implied as to condition or to road worthiness and buyer assumes full responsibility once vehicle leaves sellers possession.
$500 non-refundable due within 24hrs. Full payment due within 7days. Cash in person or cashier's/bank check(must be USA based bank). If cashier's check, vehicle will not be released until check clears, usually 3 days.