1968 Ford Mustang - SURVIVOR / UNRESTORED - Orig Black Plate CALIF car
Contact the seller
San Diego, California, United States
Features and Specifications
|Engine:||302 4V Jcode|
1968 Ford Mustang
· 45,255 Original Southern California miles / Black Plates!!
· Selling Dealer – Stockton Quincy Ford, Los Angeles
· Sold – 12/31/1967
· Original Paperwork – Window Sticker, Dealer Purchase Order, Sale Contract, Owner’s Manual, Service Specifications, Warranty Plate, Owner ID Card, Safety Guide, Warranty Facts mailer
· Options – 302 J Code (4bbl), Vinyl Roof, C4 Auto Transmission, F70x14 Wide Oval WSW Tires, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Air Conditioning, AM Radio, Tinted Glass, Deluxe Seat Belts, Remote LH Mirror, Deluxe Wheel Covers
· Invoice Price - $3,912.86
· Paint, Interior, Top, Engine, Transmission – all original and unrestored
· Background – the original owner purchased this car from and worked at Stockton Quincy Ford previously located on Westwood Blvd in Los Angeles. The owner lived in Torrance and kept the car garaged its entire life while using it sparingly. The owner passed and his son took possession of the car placing it in storage in Carlsbad, CA for 7 to 8 years. In 2015 the son pulled the car from storage and replaced items such as battery, gas tank, water pump, re-cored the original radiator, power steering pump and hoses in order to get the car running again. He relocated the car to his Palm Desert garage and proceed to let the car sit again for three more years. I purchased the car in Dec 2017 and again went through the cooling, fuel and brake system to get the car road worthy again. The only thing I have not repaired is the air-conditioning system. The front seal of the a/c compressor is leaking so will need to be addressed. The car has had the under carriage and engine compartment thoroughly steam cleaned so I could begin the process of detailing. There is not one spot of rust on any of the body panels or undercarriage other than surface rust on bare metal suspension parts. I have polished and cleaned (a lot) as the picts will show leaving all the original factory paint flaws in and on the engine and undercarriage. Paint drips, runs and everything. I changed the bumpers as the originals were both slightly bent but I kept the original date coded bumpers. The car has 50 years’ worth of “Patina” to include nicks, scratches, and a couple of very small scrapes to the body panels. I have attempted to provide photo evidence of these. The original vinyl top is very nice with the exception of a scrape on the edge of the c pillar close to the fender line. There is currently a piece of black tape covering the scrape and I have chosen to leave it as is as the top is so nice otherwise. The interior is perfect and even has original pony floor mats. All gauges and lights work with the exception of the clock. This is a true survivor as it left the San Jose factory in 1967. If you are a “survivor” person that wants that rare patina look this is the car for you.
Please feel free to ask questions!
I do not need or want help selling it and you must have cash in my hand before the car goes anywhere.