2008 Ford Ranger converted to full electric *No more gas
Contact the seller
Graham, North Carolina, United States
Features and Specifications
|Vehicle Title:||Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed|
2008 Ford Ranger
Enjoy the total freedom of a revolutionary EV pickup truck for a fraction of the cost. If you are looking to stop dealing with gas, want to help go green, or just love having a revolutionary totally electric truck year before they are fully market available this is for you. Over $20k was invested in this electric conversion project alone. Work done by a true EV pioneer and built also alongside a Shark Tank Entrepreneur participant. Disclaimer I would advise having some electrical experience as this was a custom conversion and completely awesome. I am not electrical, so have very limited details beyond what is posted about the truck. It has remained garage kept since I obtained the vehicle. The details listed have been provided by previous owner, and tech who worked on truck. Plenty of room in the truck room to add
More batteries or use for general truck purposes.
Truck needs to be picked up in Graham, NC 27253 within 7 days of close of auction.
Additional information, Features and Information
• Chevy Volt Batteries were just added for extended range.
• Weight of the batteries is 48 x 8 lbs. for the Calbs. (384lbs). 200lbs of the VOLT batteries.
• Ready to commute or put to work
• Title on hand and will be signed over with payment and pickup of truck.
• It recharges from either a standard 120-volt outlet or a 240-volt outlet. Charge time about 10 hours on 120 volts, 5 hours on a 240-volt outlet. The charger and cord are included, all you need to do is plug it in when you get it to your home or place of work. Everything charges on a 120V Plug. The 240V plugs “IN” is located via the gas tank slot to DRYER outlet and charges both battery sections, but the FEMALE is a 120V. I am told if desired you can easily get the FEMALE plug changed that will fit a universal J1772. Switch to change between 120 (CALABS only) & 240 for both battery chambers (CALABS with Chevy Volt).
• Electronic Instrumentation indicates the exact percentage of battery charge remaining, voltage of the battery pack, and current being drawn by the drive motor.
• Because this is a conversion, the 'battery not charging' indicators is on all the time because there is not a gas motor in the vehicle anymore. I just ignore the dash light.
• I've reached speeds of 70+ mph, but driving at those speeds does reduce the range about 20%-30%,
*Truck sold completely as is, no warranty or refunds. Does have minor nicks, scratches. Car BRA shown will be included however note the back part needs to be mended. If purchased with buy now will include FREE new truck cover/bra.
**$500 nonrefundable deposit due within 24hrs or end of auction. Truck balance must be paid in full within 48hrs of the end of auction, and picked up within 7 days of auction (no exception