Ford Model T 1916
Contact the seller
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Features and Specifications
|Vehicle Title:||Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed|
1916 Ford Model TThis Model T was purchased by a family member back in the late 1960searly 1970s as a kit/suit case car out of Chicago. It is said to have a 1916 chassis (I scoured over frame rails looking for VIN but they didn't start stamping the chassis until the mid 20s), a 24-25 body, and the engine was cast in October of 1921. The engine was overhauled and received new main bearings, rings, etc some time in the 1970s and still runs to this day. The car was used on a tobacco farm for recreation and rural market drives up until the mid 1980s when it went to another family farm. The car was then used twice a year on 4th of July and ChristmasNew Years to give all the neighborhood families a ride. The car ran up until 1999 when the starter died and the previous owner no longer had time or interest to keep it running. It then sat until 2015 when I picked it up and started working on it. This car has always been garaged since our family owned it.
I aimed to make sure the car was running again so it received a new radiator installed, hoses, new cooling inlet and outlet elbows, new 6 volt battery, newrebuilt starter, carb was cleaned out and gasket kit installed, fuel line cleaned out. Nolost title car. Asking $9211.00 or best offer.
1) Does it run? Yes it runs - This section was intended for a YouTube video link but I can't figure out how to make the html code work and I write html code. :D Feel free to reach out and I will share the youtube link.You can go to YouTube and add this at the end of the URL to see the video:watch?v=2NVKKQYhqCs
2) Now that it is running, what would you replace next? The car is nearly 100 years old so it needs maintenance, parts, etc. While it runs now, the first thing I would start changing if I was keeping it would be gaskets. Next I would make the decision to convert to a 12 volt distributor system or replace the coil packs and contacts with rebuilt ones. Tires next.
3) Will you consider trades for a boat, ATV, motorcycle, chopper, dirt bike, or anything else. No. Only trading for cash or currency at the bank.
4) Will you ship? Yes I would consider shipping once the payment for the car has cleared and I have cash in my hand. Please no scammers as car does not move until I have cash in my hand. Please pay close attention to: cash must be in my hand before I ship. :)
5) Please feel free to ask any questions about the car and I will do my best to answer them.