Dually 4x4 Diesel 5.9L HO Sport Package LOADED LOW MILES California Truck,SWEET
Private seller / Message the seller
Escondido, California, United States
Features and Specifications
|SubModel:||Heavy Duty Dually 4x4|
|Type:||Crew Cab Pickup|
|Trim:||Sport Package / Bighorn Edition|
|Engine:||5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Sport Package / Bighorn EditionUp for sale for the first time is my personal truck. I hate to get rid of it but I do not need a heavy truck to pull anything, so it's time to say goodbye to this sweet truck.
Heavy Duty Ram 3500 Ram Sport Package / Bighorn, Custom built in 2006 at a cost of over $68K and then outfitted with a bunch of expensive aftermarket additions (such as power running boards, HID lights, Rear Step, Rhino Liner, custom running lights, tail lights, Camper, etc, etc..)
Turbo Diesel with the high Output motor (built in mid- 2006)
4 Wheel Drive (4x4)
4 Door Crew Cab (NOT MEGA CAB)
8 Foot Bed
LOADED, LOADED, LOADED
Factory NAVIGATION System with updated map
BOSE SOUND SYSTEM, Infinity Speakers
6 Disc CD in dash
Flip Down Rear Entertainment System (Chrysler Factory installed)
Custom Sport two-tone Leather Seating (beautiful condition)
Power Driver's Seat
Custom Fold Down Rear Step
Custom Sun Shade visor
Power Sliding Rear Window
Matching Snug Top Camper Shell
Chrome Custom Allow wheels
Rhino Liner bed protection
Heavy Duty Rear Differential with chrome cover
Custom Exhaust (tail pile is re-routed to the bottom so you don't get nasty diesel black sides on the dually fenders)
Custom lights (all fogged out and tricked out)
Custom super bright HID lights
Custom Alarm System
Interior and exterior are both super clean, and the truck has never been wrecked nor repainted anywhere. It has NO RUST whatsoever...zero. It runs like a champ, blows ice cold A/C (so cold you will have to raise the temperature!!) The heater works perfectly, blowing nice heat out of all positions as selected. The truck comes with 4x4 shift on the fly. The interior is amazing: it has beautiful leather seating with two-tone colors..up close it looks a lot better than the pictures above. The truck is a Sport Package, but because it also came with all the options of a BIGHORN, that emblem was added at factory when the truck was being built.
The truck has always been dealer serviced, babied and pampered..never abused, NEVER smoked in..it was not used to ferry kids around..the seats are still firm and beautiful.
SUPER LOW MILES, only 116K for an 11-year old truck. That's barely 10K a year.
The truck drives nice and straight with lots of power and torque. The turbo is strong, transmission is very smooth too.
The brakes are good, I just had them checked at Jack Powell Dodge in Escondido, CA. The tires have plenty of meat left on them.
I love this truck but it's just too heavy for my use..I just need a truck to do weekend runs to Home Depot. I put the camper on it to keep my camping gear dry when I go to Oregon occasionally. You can take it off easily if you don't like it. The truck comes with a tailgate extender as well. See all the pictures. I wish I could post more..it only let me put up 24.
Please contact me with any questions. I would love to sell this truck but I am not going to give it away. You won't find a nicer truck like it..and it's the legendary 5.9 High Output motor..will go for ever and it only has 116K miles on it right now!!! Unbelievable condition..I have all the service records.
As with all older trucks, there are always going to be minor things. I will list what I know:
- HID lights are interfering with the voltage system, causing radio signal in the FM position to be weak.
- Low beam only comes on when FOG LIGHT is selected. Previous owner wired HID controller wrong..he pigtailed off of the fog light power instead of low beam. In these trucks when fog light is on, by default factory settings, high beam cannot be used. Therefore I believe the only reason high beam is not coming on is due to the wrong way power was tapped into when the controller was installed. I don't want to start cutting wires myself and redoing them. Dealer wanted $115 an hour just to look at it, min 4 hours..what???? I don't think it's a big deal if you are at all mechanically inclined...and if you're not, I would not recommend buying a heavy duty vehicle such..there are just way too many systems on these trucks to depend on dealerships for everything..things can get expensive..best to do minor things yourself.
- Camper Shell was put on this year..it was from another 2006 Ram truck..the previous owner of the camper made a dent in it when he took it off his truck. The fiberglass on on side has a crack in it..small and it does not cause any leaking into the bed. It can be easily repaired with some fiberglass patching from Autozone or Napa for example.
- A couple of very small scratches on the rear bumper and elsewhere..a tiny chip in the front windshield
- Power Driver's seat only adjusts in 4 of 6 positions. I have the motors for the other two positions..I just bought them and was going to put them on. You can have them for my cost of $50 each
- The power running board sensor from the rear left door is not working. Therefore the running board only works with the other three doors...when you open the driver's door or any of the passenger side doors, the running board comes down..it automatically retracts when you close the doors again, as it should.
- Truck does not like non-synthetic oil and will spill some through the excess tube. I just changed the oil with Rotela T synthetic oil and factory filter. Engine compartment does not leak any oil whatsoever. There is no smoke coming from the tailpipe. There is no water in the fuel system. The truck runs very strongly with lots of power, and zero hesitation. Going up the Grapevine if you know where that is, it blows all the other cars/trucks away doing steady 70MPH up that steep mountain.
TERMS OF SALE:
I am a private seller. I do not offer warranties. If you wish, come to my house and check the truck out for yourself or send someone here BEFORE you buy it. I need an immediate deposit of $500 via PayPal. The balance has to be paid by Cashier's check. The title is held by my credit union (SDCCU). We can go there together and you can pay them and get all the paperwork in person..or you can send a cashier's check for the balance and I will send you all the necessary paperwork directly.
PLEASE NO LOOKY LOO's ..SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY PLEASE. I don't have to sell it so please don't waste your time by making ridiculous offers. My asking price is the fair selling price for the condition based on KBB. NO LOW BALL OFFERS PLEASE.
Thank you for your interest and good luck.