1979 CHRYSLER 300 - ORIGINAL SURVIVOR - ONLY 3815 BUILT - RARE - NO RESERVE!!!


Contact the seller
Sicklerville, New Jersey, United States

Features and Specifications

Make: Chrysler
Model: 300 Series
Type: Coupe
Trim: 300
Year: 1979
Mileage: 146,000
VIN: SS22L9R148728
Color: White
Engine: 360 V8
Cylinders: 8
Transmission: Automatic
Drive type: RWD
Interior color: Red
Vehicle Title: Clear

1979 Chrysler 300 Series 300

1979 CHRYSLER 300
ORIGINAL SURVIVOR!!
3815 MADE FOR AMERICAN MARKET!!
Back in the spring of 1979, Chrysler introduced the Chrysler 300 which was a $2040 option to add to the Cordoba platform. What people today fail to realize is that back in 1979, horsepower was a fond memory of the 60's and no American car produced any respectable horsepower by 1979. However, there were only two cars in 1979 that produced 195 horses under the hood off the factory floor. One was the Corvette, which its L48 produced 195 horse and the other was the 79 Chrysler 300 which also produced 195 horse. All base other cars like the Camaro, the Firebird, even the Cadillacs and Lincolns were capping out at 185 horse at best. (Just so you guys know, special order trans am and corvettes did come with 225 horse.)
If you want...you could say the Chrysler 300 was the hell cat of that decade. Its 360 cubic inch engine, 4 bbl carburetor 3.23 rear launched this war horse down the quarter mile in 17 seconds. Which seems like they used calendars to time back then and which was a far cry from the 60's and today's standards. But in every sense of the word in 1979, this was a muscle car. The Chrysler came factory with dual exhaust, 4 bbl carb, heavy duty suspension, 3.23 - 9 and 1/4" rear and a torqueflite transmission.
Chrysler only produced a little over 3800 for the American market and to find one original and in good condition is very hard. Offered here today is 1 example of the 3815 produced. Its about 98% original which leaves 2% for tires brakes etc. The paint is all original and only some spots show spray balm to cover up some wear. Even some of the exhaust is still original.
The Interior is all original and everything works, radio, clock, both windows. The a/c will need a charge and it appears it was converted to the new r134a.
I realize that buying a car over the internet is a tough task. I've included many pictures to show the condition of this vehicle and also included a video at the bottom. The floors, frame and trunk are all solid and there are some external rust spots on the exterior of the car which I will show you in pics and talk about it in the video.
Under the hood it is as original as it gets. It still has original stickers and body tags and original parts. I'm sure it has been tuned up along the way. The windshield has a crack in it and you'll see it in photos. The video contains the car starting, idling and running and a walk around the exterior and interior and underneath the car.
I'm here to help so email me or call with questions. This is a great vehicle for any MOPAR enthusiast or collector. My name is Chris and my number is 856-905-5593.
This vehicle is offered at no reserve. So bid to win. Final and last price will own this rare 70's classic.
Payment - $200 non refundable deposit via paypal immediately after auction end and balance due within a week by certified funds. No exception. I can store car for free until it gets picked up either by you or shipping company. Any other questions please give me a buzz!! Thank you!

CLICK ON IMAGE BELOW FOR FULL VIDEO!!
More related listings