1977 Chevrolet Scottsdale K10 4wd California Barn Find restoration No Reserve
Contact the seller
Oakland, California, United States
Features and Specifications
|Model:||C/K Pickup 1500|
|Type:||Standard Cab Pickup|
|Color:||#68 Russet Metallic|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1977 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 Scottsdale Bonanza
1977 Chevrolet Scottsdale Bonanza K10
"California Barn Find"
~ Short Wheel Base 4 Wheel Drive
~Original "Russet #68" Paint on cab and bed~Rebuilt #LS9 350-4V 4 bolt main 5.7 litre V8~Special rare optioned factory order built in Fremont, CA~In storage (with PNO) for years~A stalled restoration of a collectable SWB 4WD 350-4Speed California ClassicNO RESERVE AUCTION BID TO WIN
Up for bid is a rare oppurtunity to buy a rare special ordered 1977 4 Wheel Drive Chevrolet C/K 1500 base model Scottsdale "Bonanza" K10 Short (117.5 inch) wheel base pickup with some very good factory options that is fresh out of long term storage in California's Central Valley in Stanislaus County.This is a restoration project that has been stalled since 2003 this vehicle has been stored unused and has not been registered since 2003.
I was told the engine had been rebuilt many years ago but have no documentation of this, most likely this truck last ran in 2003 which was 14 years ago. The fuel tank was inspected and to have been stored without fuel. We put a new battery and fresh fuel primed the carb and fired it up. The video you see is an engine that has not run in many years but seems to run very well.The battery connections should be replaced but it does run. The transmission shifts in every gear and the 4 wheel drive works good. This is a restoration project that runs and drives but has wheels and tires to just move around and the engine, 4 speed and rear end should be serviced but all seem to be operating quite well for having been stored so many years. This is a California truck from new having been built by here in California a few miles away at the Fremont GM factory 40 years ago.
This is an ideal restoration project for someone looking for a minimalist style short wheel base Fleetside 4 wheel drive with the optional 4 bolt main #LS9 350-4V with the manual M-20 4speed with granny low and the #G-80 Locking differential with Variable ratio power steering and front disc brakes. The truck is solid but has some drainage related issues on the bed that will need to be addressed. The floors of the cab and the floors of the bed are very solid. The front fenders and the hood have been replaced. The best has some drainage rust repair needed and some dents, it has original paint on cab and bed. It will clearly need new tires and wheels these are to move around. It will need cosmetic restoration. This is the perfect clean slate ready to be finished.
This is a unique opportunity to buy a future collector car way below market that needs cosmetic restoration. Hagerty Collector car insurance predicts the trend in collector cars is trucks especially short wheel base 4x4 Chevrolet Square bodies from 1973 to 1987 which are going up every year in value. This is a special order well optioned Bonanza with right options
LS9-350 4V V8 Engine
M-20 4 Speed manual
G-80 Locking differential
N-41 Variable Ratio Power Steering
Y-56 Bonanza Package A
Z-62 Scottsdale Equip
N-L2 Aux fuel Tank
KC4- Engine Oil cooler
V-76- Towing Device
The most desirable collector cars seem to be from California I see ads all the time of California Cars that are not even in California this 4WD Scottsdale Bonanza is a true California survivor that was manufactured at the GM plant in Fremont California 40 years ago and at this moment is stored23 miles up highway 880 from where it was built
Your browser does not support the video tag.
Cosmeticallythis 1977 Chevy Pickup is in decent shape for a 40 year old 4WD vehicle. The cab and bed look to have the original "Russet Mettalic" paint and the front fenders and hood have been replaced and are primered. The hood hinges were frozen and bent the original hood, we lubrcated them and are working again but not correctly and should be replaced. The hood was a replacement the owner had in the bed and we bolted it on for photos. The hinges should be replaced.
This truck is a Scottsdale Bonanza has still most of the original trim and still in pretty good shape. The hood and fenders are not original and in primer, the drivers door is original with good mouldings. The bed has the original paint and is solid with the exception of some drainage issues on the corner and a dent on the near the front of the tire. The tail gate is solid and operational the bed and inner fenders are in very nice shape.
Interior The interior is all origina, it is a base model, the floors look solid, it still has the original door panals. The dash looks good. The bench seat is worn on the drivers side
Mechanicallythis car is in good shape for having been unused for 14 years.This is a honest survivor that is all original it has the optional 4 bolt main 350-4V the motor seems to have good compression and sounds quite good, please listen to the video
Please understand it has not been used for 14 years it is 40 years old but will drive on and off the trailer, The truck stops but the brakes have not been replaced. This truck could be a very high dollar truck
If you are looking for the real deal this is it if you have any questions or concerns regarding this vehicle please ask any questions before you place a bid. This vehicle is being sold with NO RESERVE and will sell to the last bidder. If you are interested in making an offer Please dont email and ask what I will sell it for it is being sold to the high bidder but reserve the right to sell it if the price is right. I am really not sure what the value is but I am sure it's a one of a kind that can't be duplicated
Thankyou and good luck
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.