Excellent condition, Fleetside, owned for 37 years, restored, everything works
Contact the seller
Portola Valley, California, United States
Features and Specifications
|Type:||Standard Cab Pickup|
|Color:||Green and white|
|Interior color:||Grey and tan|
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1963 Chevrolet C-10
I am the second owner of this hard-to-find truck. I've owned it in California for 37 years, and bought it from an individual who bought it new from a local Bay Area Chevrolet dealer. The truck has been garaged for all the time that I've owned it, is now started about every month and driven only occasionally. It has never been driven in the rain and has never been in an accident. Thetruckhas a total mileage of 133,137. Iboughtthetruckat 104,210 miles.
The identification plate shows that it was built in November 1963 in Oakland, California, and I understand it was vehicle number 1,303 off the assembly line. As far as restoration goes, if "1" was a wreck and only good for parts, and "10" was concours condition, this is about a 7.0-ish. In other words, it is not perfect - but inverygood condition.
What's been done:
- Re-built to close to original, all the way to the mirrors. No modifications other than: the braking system, now with power front disc and rear drum brakes, non-original wheel rims, the transmission was changed to a three speed, and the oil filter holder, rear springs.
- The back bed was removed and completely stripped and painted and has an oak deck with galvanized deck rails.
- Body was taken down and repainted its original Chevrolet Forest Green with the white top.
- New chrome and aluminum trim, door handles, re-chromed grill, etc. New stainless-steel chains for rear drop door. The bench seat was re-created in the original style, material type, and color.
- Steering wheel is original, radio is original (electronically restored in 2013), as is the speaker. All dials, speedometer and turn signals work perfectly.
- New wrap windshield, all rubber trim, side windows trim, all cab, bed rubber mounts and engine mounts are new.
- New floor matting and interior rubber and pedals, visors, glove compartment, etc.
- Power assist dual braking system with discs on the front (as mentioned above), stainless brake lines replaced the original brake line system - system installed for safety reasons (installed in 2006).
- All the suspension and non-power steering is tight and trouble free, and clean.
- The engine is a small block V8, with extensive rebuild and maintenance work completed over the years (most recent 2017).
What's not right or stock:
- The engine compartment is clean, rust free, painted with POR-15, but not restoration perfect. Everything there is original except for the chrome battery holder, (plus dual braking system addition).
- Wheel rims are not the originals.
- Tires are now Bridgestone Dueler A/T 255/70R15s with low miles on them.
- The paint: Inside sections of the back tray are not perfect (poor application). Roof gutter needs refinishing.
- Transmission is now a three speed (changed from a two speed).
- The original speaker for the original radio is a little "tinny" (it is the original 1963 speaker, after all).
- Column shifter is original and the chrome is poor.
All in all, a very nice truck that starts every time, runs well, and is a prospect for further restoration, just driving forever, or modification. Serious buyers only, no loans, no swaps.
To a good home.