Highly documented #'s matching Big Block 4-speed 396/L34 1970 SS Nova NO RESERVE
Contact the seller
Oakham, Massachusetts, United States
Features and Specifications
1970 Chevrolet Nova SSHighly documented big block 4-speed 396/L34 1970 SS Nova / Numbers Matching
(NO RESERVE Auction)
- Numbers matching
- Original Protect-O-Plate
- Broadcast Sheet
- Original Window Sticker
- Pre-Delivery Inspection Sheet
- Past Registrations
- Binder of receipts from original owner
- Original Sales Invoice from Keefer Chevrolet in Columbus, OH where the car was sold new on July 16, 1970
Car was originally purchased for $3897.30 from Keefer Chevrolet in Columbus Ohio (see window sticker). Original battery warranty paperwork, original set of second keys, documented oil changes from the 70’s, repair invoices, registrations – lots and lots of receipts (see pictures I’ve included a couple – there’s many more). See the sheet of numbers pulled from the engine bay. All completely correct. Even the alternator and voltage regulator are correctly date coded.
Car was repainted in its original Desert Sand paint probably sometime in the late 90’s early 2000’s. This car was originally a very rare 2-tone SS. Desert sand body with white painted top. The white has since been replaced with a vinyl black (looks fantastic). The interior sandalwood vinyl was also upgraded to a black vinyl to match the black vinyl roof.
She runs great with a recent carburetor rebuild by one of the best engine builders on the east coast. 4 speed manual trans is a real treat and the car acts exactly as you'd expect. The car has the standard suspension still and does seem to have that aged stance but handles great and really takes you back in time! (Photos were taken last September/October before I stored it for the winter - believe it or not it's snowing today so I used last Fall's pictures).
Vehicle Features/options (just as it came originally from the factory);
- Original Numbers Matching 396-350HP L34
- Original M20 4 Speed Trans
- Original 12 bolt 3.31 PosiTraction
- Power front Disc Brakes
- Power Steering
- Factory Tach
- Strato-Bucket Front Seats
- Floor Console W/Gauges
- Low Fuel Lamp
- Delco AM Push Button Radio
- Exterior Decor Package
- Nova SS Equipment
- 14x7 Rally Wheels
- Correct Goodyear PolyGlas Tires
- Paint looks good but this car deserves a newer and better paint job. Being realistic saying this is a number 3 car. I truly think it’s much better than a number 3 with its condition and documentation (you be the judge).
- Beyond the paint, the trunk lid could use better alignment.
- The rear suspension although ok could benefit from leafs being re-tensioned.
- The beltline black trim will need a little work – whoever originally put it on when it was repainted was a little aggressive and there are spots you can see that it was pushed on a little hard. I had a PDR guy look at it and with a little finesse said this was easily fixed.
- The clock runs but does not keep the correct time.
- The reverse lock-out rods are MIA and will need to be replaced if you want your reverse lights to light when in reverse. (Lots of people removed them b/c you had to put the car in reverse to take the key out of the ignition – kind of a pain – but that was the security of the 70’s).
Very solid car – I’ve had multiple experts look this car over and I have had it appraised. All have said it’s a very solid/clean and highly optioned/documented SS-Nova. Everything works (minus the clock). Although I have no access to a lift, the undercarriage is clean, dry and rust free. Appear to be original floors. No patchwork or other funny business. Somewhere along the line the gas tank was replaced.
If you bid please be serious about buying the car as I am about selling it. Non-refundable deposit – if buyer doesn’t follow through. Please have your financing in place. If you have poor or zero feedback please contact me first BEFORE bidding else I will unfortunately have to cancel your bid.
Whoever buys this car - it truly needs to be brought to the next level!
Thank you for your interest - Here's a quick video of the car;