1969 Chevrolet Impala Convertible 396 V8 Auto Factory A/C Power Steering CLASSIC
Contact the seller
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Features and Specifications
|Drive side:||Left-hand drive|
1969 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Impala Convertible 396 V8 Auto Factory A/C Power Steering – Classic!
This auction is for a used 1969 Chevy Impala Convertible in running condition.
I’m representing a local bank in this auction. The bank repossessed this vehicle from a classic car enthusiast. The bank has clear title in the bank’s name – this is an Oklahoma title and the title reflects “Repo.”
This car is in Edmond Oklahoma. You can contact me (Marc at 405-503-8496) for any questions you might have. I’m a longtime seller on eBay with a 100% feedback rating and I intend to represent this Impala as accurately and honestly as possible and will promptly answer any questions. If you are local I would strongly encourage you to inspect this car in person. I will also accommodate any local PPI’s (pre-purchase inspections) before the auction ends.
The odometer currently shows 7000 assume it’s 107,000 - title says Odometer “Exempt”. Believed to have been in storage for the past 4 years (last tagged in 2013). The exterior color is Butternut Yellow with a White convertible top. Interior is Green.
Note: I do not know the repair or service history of this Impala since it was a repo. I’m not a mechanic but a “car guy” and here are my observations of the car:
- Runs and drives
- Fluids looked good and clean at the time of repo (have not been changed since the repo)
- Desirable 396 V8 engine rated at 256 hp
- Auto transmission, shifts correctly
- Engine and transmission assumed to be original to the car
- Starts right up (new battery)
- No visible smoke white or gray from exhaust
- Frame appears in good shape and not rusted away
- Floor panels not rusted away
- Trunk not rusted away
- All four tires are matching, have good tread and are not rotted
- Convertible top looks like it was replaced recently, in very good condition with no tears or rips and a glass back window.
- Convertible top motor goes up and down automatically and smoothly using up/down switch
- Body is straight and solid with some minor dents/dings
- Chrome bumpers and in good shape (minor nicks and dents but no rust)
- Seats appear to be original and have a few cracks in the vinyl on the sides
- Carpet in good condition
- Checked most of the accessories and they all appeared to work except the air conditioning - noted below
- Convertible top boot cover included and in good shape
- Engine runs a little rough
- Exhaust has some pin size holes
- Transmission is leaking
- Drivability – brakes work well, power steering a little loose and there is a vibration in the steering
- Has factory air – but is not working
- Chrome trim has a lot of nicks and dents around fender wells
- Paint is worn including some dents, nicks and scratches (appears to have had a repaint in its past). Signs of some surface rust at the bottom rocker panel behind front wheels – but the metal looks solid
- Glass in good shape except for some delamination on the driver’s passenger side edge
- All the rubber trim/weather seals around the doors/windows/trunk/hood/convertible top has deteriorated
- Dash appears a little sun dried but no cracks
- Door panels appear a little sun dried
- Back windows need a little help when rolling them up
- Heater blower fan a little noisy
- Front right low beam headlight out
The Impala is sold “as is.” There is a non-refundable $500 down payment required within 24 hrs when you win this auction. You will arrange to pay the remaining balance directly with the bank that owns this Impala within 7 days of the auction close. All financial transactions must be completed before pickup of the vehicle.
The Impala has temporary tags that are good for the next 30 days. You are responsible for any final tag, title, and taxes. You are also responsible pickup or shipping of this Impala.
Buyers with less than a feedback of 5 please contact me before bidding, otherwise your bid may be cancelled – just trying to ensure that only those that are truly interested in this Impala are bidding.
Thank You and Good Bidding